- Two cabinet sizes with 32 and 64 port sizes
- Biometric fingerprint reader
- Built-in LCD screen for access and programming at the cabinet
- Supports multi-factor authentication
- Audible and visual alarms
- SMS and email alert messages
- Camera for security photo capture
- Comprehensive Reporting & Analytics
- Multi-System Networking
- Medeco High Security mechanical lock for manual override
- Optional: Smart card reader, stand
The Intelligent Key Cabinet (IKC) from Medeco is a robust and flexible key management system that increases accountability and reduces the risk of misplaced keys. It’s ideal for keys and other assets that require a high level of security and accountability.
A complete storage and control solution, the IKC is an electronically controlled steel cabinet that restricts access to keys, and can only be opened by authorized personnel using PIN, Biometric Fingerprint, or Prox Card authentication (optional). The IKC electronically keeps a record of key removals and returns – by whom and when. Not only does the IKC improve employee efficiency and lower operating costs, it ensures keys never leave the facility by letting you know who has keys and by sending alerts for unreturned keys.
IKC Main Cabinets are available in either 32 or 64 key ports with the option to add on cabinets for storage up to 512 keys.
- Accountability: No more wondering who has keys. Complete audit trail and reporting by user and key activity means fewer lost keys. Fewer lost keys leads to lower expenses and improved security.
- Analytics: Identify potential problems in access and return patterns before they escalate. Complete reporting suite provides multiple reporting options to provide real-time data. Reports can be automatically generated and sent to multiple users by email or SMS text. Custom reports can be configured and exported to Excel for added convenience.
- Security: Keep keys onsite and secure. Only authorized users are able to access the assets in the IKC using Biometric Fingerprint, PIN, and/or Prox Card authentication (optional) for added security and control. Customizable user access groups allow for tighter control of higher security keys. The IKC supports multi-factor authentication. For added security, a digital photo of each login is captured.
- Convenience: Allow employees to retrieve keys quickly without waiting for a manager. Quick, easy-to-use web-based software shows what keys are out, and to whom they are issued. Upon checkout, the appropriate key is indicated on the panel by flashing LEDs. The IKC also allows the return of any key to any location in the cabinet, and then learns the key’s new location.
- Productivity: Eliminates the need for an Administrator or Manager to distribute keys to employees. The employees are empowered with access to retrieve their own keys when and where they are needed.
- Multiple configurations available: By selecting the right option for your needs, you can securely store and distribute mechanical keys, XT Intelligent Keys, or other assets. (Ask your local Medeco representative, read below, or fill out the form at the bottom of the page for more details.)
- Scalability: The IKC system can grow as business needs grow with up to 7 add-on cabinets for every main cabinet.