The ELP1040 entry system is the world’s most advanced visitor entry system. It features a large touch screen display that is capable of displaying up to 25,000 names.
The system user interface allows visitors to quickly and conveniently announce their arrival with a minimum of effort. The interface is as simple as navigating a contact list on a smart phone or tablet. The visitor uses simple swipe and click gestures to find and call a resident in a matter of seconds. A digital keyboard permits easy search and entry of calling codes. The 19” Display provides excellent readability under all lighting conditions. Voice Prompts provide further assistance.
All system components are flush-mounted for the ultimate in sleek styling and vandal resistance. The system can be mounted on the wall or into a variety of pedestals.
- Touch Screen Display
- Linux O/S
- Internet Connectivity
- VOIP Communications
- Automated Updates
- Integration Friendly
- Built-in HID compatible 125 kHz card reader
- Built-in ONVIF IP Camera
- Voice Prompts
- Automatic/Handicap Door Push Button (Pedestal Mount Only)
- Postal Lock Switch
- Linux Operating System ensures that the system is reliable, stable and always ready for use.
- Internet Connectivity allows for easy system software updates, remote service capabilities, system health monitoring, and remote system backup.
- VOIP Communications uses the internet to place voice calls to residents rather than expensive and the limited capabilities of standard telephone service.
- DialCast allows the system to call multiple phone numbers from a single visitor call ensuring that residents can answer a visitor call from their land or their mobile phone.
- New Patented ADA compliance feature makes use of the system extremely convenient for the hearing impaired.
- Call Escalation enables the system to automatically call additional telephone numbers should the telephone number called not be answered.
- The Advanced Messaging system permits information to be display for general broadcast, residents only or to a particular resident upon presentation of their access card.
- The visitor management tools allow regular guests to use a QR code or a PIN for quick and easy building access.
- The Wiegand output allows the system to be integrated with any number of access control systems for visitor elevator floor and superior lobby door control.
- Security Audit feature stores a record of the visitor calls placed and answered. The audit records include the time and date, and what suite was called – it even records a photo snapshot of the visitor who placed the call.
- The System Health Audit keeps track of power, internet connectivity & bandwidth, voice quality, and a host of other important details concerning the health of the system.